~Fixing Up Korra's Face~

So probably almost everyone who has watched The Legend of Korra knows about the Pierrot incident. If you don't, here's a quick rundown of what happened:

Bryan and Mike didn't originally know that there was going to be more than one season of Korra, so Studio Mir (the animation studio for Korra) only signed a contract for one season of the show. When they got an offer to animate Book 2, they also got another offer from Sony Pictures to animate a show called "The Boondocks." Since the animation process of Korra was so... (How do I word this? Crazy? I'll just use "crazy.") [EDIT: I think the word I was looking for was "tiring".] Since the animation process of Korra was so tiring, they chose to animate Boondocks instead, and Pierrot filled in with animating Korra. Although Pierrot got the job done, there were some... minor issues. Related image

Now that that's out of the way, let's move on to the reason I posted this in the first place. I decided to pick a Pierrot screencap and redraw it as close to the Studio Mir style as I could. Here's the finished product:

My "Studio Mir redraw"

The original screencap.

I know, I know. Korra doesn't look as pretty in the first image, but Studio Mir just kind of draws her that way, sometimes. I also know that I could have picked a better (worse-looking) screencap, but I wanted to test out my Studio Mir, funky faced-Korra drawing powers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Molar Enthalpies

SCH4U - Energy Changes and Rates of Reactions Sample Test Qs